Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Deer Hunter

Steven: You get a deer?
Michael: Naa Man
Steven: C'maaan! You didn't get a DEE-E-EAH?
--The Deer Hunter (1978)
Mom and I went shopping in Banga today. It's was crazy busy. Obviously. Then we went to Winterport Winery to taste test some of Maine's fine wine. I bought a bottle of the White Pear (Dry), chardonney like, the 2003 Bronze winner of the American Wine Society. Very tasty!! Within minutes of arriving home Kodie (my Milo sidekick) started going crazy, barking like a dog possessed by the devil. A huge buck is just meandoring down the side of Rt 16 across the street from my mom's house. He stops, stares, laughs at the poor chained dog. Then sooo slowly continues his journey. Last day of the season and me without a muzzleloader. I can't truly embrace Milo, Maine without a rifle. Jesus, how do I expect to eat this winter?

1 comment:

  1. Do you even have a hunting license?

    So I assume I can add this site to my bookmark list and delete the sasquatch hunter one?

    - D

    ReplyDelete