Friday, December 12, 2008

Milo-a friendly town

The town of Milo is located 40 miles north-west of Bangor. Population: 1,891 + me. It is a typical small town in central Maine. The sad fact is that the downtown burned down in September devestating the tiny community. You can read about in the Bangor Daily News where I got the pic from. My mom lives at the top of the hill on route 16 that dives down into the now vacant downtown. The town's slogan is "Milo-a friendly town" which make you laugh but it's the truth according to The Mom. It's still hunting season so I literally walk from the house to the garage wearing blaze orange, hence the blog title. Kodie, the german shepard, and I walk everyday, both of us sporting the trendy orange color while loaded logging trucks whiz by. Logging trucks and blaze orange-this is life in Milo, Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment